After Action Report from the Front lines in Arizona and California

- After Action Report -

Actions speak louder than words!

As the violence escalates along our nation`s southern border the National Socialist Movement continues to flex its muscles in a great show of strength. This past week NSM members and supporters put boots to the desert sand in two different states; Arizona and California. These patrols served many purposes and an innumerable amount of objectives were achieved.


Report from California

Report from July 10th through July 11th, 2010:

Upon arrival at California`s border members and supporters of the NSM were immediately put to the test. On a hike to find an area to establish a camp we discovered two sets of prints, a cigarette, and beer bottles. We believed the cigarette to have been recently extinguished. It was not brittle from age and had a pungent scent. The bottles did not have sand or dirt caked on them, the labels were not faded, and they had the smell of fresh beer. We sent a comrade to drive the surrounding roads and even the main highway. The evidence we found could have been left hours ago and the the invaders could have been miles away. The prints provided us with the knowledge that they were heading northeast.

Due to the terrain we would loose the prints while tracking the invaders and we would later pick up the tracks again. The rolling hills we find ourselves in at the California border almost provide the invaders safe passage into our nation. We tried to find high hill tops to provide a view of the land below however the invaders could have been behind the next hill a hundred and fifty yards away and we would not have seen them. We had to be careful not to be sky lined.

We had to study the foot prints carefully in areas where we discovered other sets. We questioned if they met with another group however we believed the other footprints to be old and unrelated. We also had to make sure we followed the same set we had been tracking. Repeatedly the foot prints would disappear into rocks or thick vegetation.

After hiking for over an hour over and around the hills we found the same set of prints heading straight south. This was the break we needed. We were able to guide our comrade driving in the area to a nearby dirt road. Once we had collected we made our blitz south leaving one small group behind. The quick rush was in reality a long jog to the border. We were spread out and kept radio contact. When I was about 100 yards from power lines that stretch parallel with the border I heard the code word over the radio that informed us that a comrade had a visual of the invaders. We had a tough hike and there was a lot of radio chatter as our comrade guided us to his position. After we collected we all watched as two young men looked around while crouched down under some brush. They talked and one would occasionally stand and look around. Their actions did not indicate that they were aware of our location. After about half an hour went by they both stood up and walked casually south across the border. They continued south and would appear from time to time as they walked over the hill tops in Mexico. We were able to confirm that the tracks left by the two that fled back into Mexico were the same prints we had been tracking.

They were both well dressed and not prepared for a long trek through the desert. One was wearing a blue baseball cap and they both carried backpacks that appeared to be full. When we were able to speak openly we discussed the events. We believed that although a vehicle is easily seen and heard from miles away and easily avoided while on foot, we made the right decision to send out a vehicle patrol. We believe that they noticed the vehicle driving around the area and decided to retreat south near the border and ultimately leave. We believe the other sets of foot prints we discovered were old and unrelated to the two invaders we had been tracking.

We made our camp in the near vicinity and patrolled many miles of the border. We found an enormous amount of evidence that there had been illegal crossings in the area. The region is a well travelled area. We did not see any Border Patrol in the area other than the helicopter. This area was wide open. Although the Border Patrol uses ground sensors to monitor foot traffic in some areas it did not appear that we triggered any sensors or raised any alarms despite all of our tracking, hiking, and patrolling. The illegal crossing was reported to local authorities.

The weekend patrol was a great success. We turned away two invaders and discovered new paths and roads. The weather was cool and sometimes foggy saving us from the desert sun. There was little light at night and sometimes overcast weather left us with poor visibility which aloud us to try new techniques and equipment. We were also able to start training new supporters. We look forward to future operations in both Arizona and California.


Reports from Arizona

NSM Arizona was able to patrol the border on three different operations in the past two weeks. Wednesday, July 7th, they worked on a Recon mission. Saturday, July 10th, and Sunday, July 11th, they patrolled the border with a different set of objectives. And Wednesday July 14th ST Hughes helped lead a group in a coalition effort which was able to capture 11 illegal aliens. The following are ST Harry Hughes reports.

First Report:

Although today was one of the hottest days of the summer, we decided to conduct an illegal alien/drug smuggler patrol in the Sonoran Desert National Monument. Some would rather sit on the sidelines and wait for cool weather. Others would criticize us, call us names or complain.
We were barely into our patrol when we noticed some suspicious objects along the road. We stopped to investigate and discovered several field improvised shoulder straps made of twine and burlap. Drug mules use these to carry heavy loads of marijuana on their backs. When they reach their destination, they are discarded.
Thirty minutes later, we observed a small group of Hispanic male subjects walking north in a wash. We stopped and they ran like rabbits through the brush. These guys were not crop pickers looking for a better life. They were obviously up to no good.

Further down the wash, we discovered more field improvised shoulder straps and several ski masks. Southern Arizona is not much of a ski area, so it's quite possible, these masks were used for something less legal. I'm thinking home invasion or armed robbery. There's certainly no need to keep your face warm when it's 115 degrees outside.

After circling the area, we continued on with our patrol when it appeared that those guys were not going to come out of the bush anytime soon.

Eventually, we came across an abandoned cattle watering area. Sitting under a water tank, were 11 suspected illegal aliens. They quickly gave themselves up and asked for water. We provided them with water and asked them if anyone needed medical attention.

They told us that their coyote abandoned them out in the desert and that they were out there for eight days. It's possible that their coyote was actually sitting amongst them. There's no way to be sure. They were still a good days hike from anything resembling civilization and they were completely out of water. Some of them were exhausted from walking and the intense heat. A couple of them had badly blistered feet.
We notified the Pinal County Sheriff's office and the Border Patrol. Being in a remote area, we expected an extend ETA for a response. During the wait, we must have handed out 30-40 20 oz. bottles of water. They drank it all.

Once the Border Patrol agents arrived, the subjects were carefully searched for contraband and taken into custody. Ultimately, they will arrive back in Mexico, re-hydrated, fed and no worse for wear. One of the subjects said that he wouldn't try crossing over in the summer again. I really don't blame him.

For those of you that call us racists or vigilantes, you can add another name to that list. That name is “Humanitarian”. When was the last time one of you liberal journalists or keyboard commandos offered up his/her own water to someone he/she particularly didn't like?

Second Report:

On Wednesday, July 7, 2010, A registered Supporter and I embarked on a 17 hour mission to gather intelligence on the Mexican Border between Sasabe and Nogales, AZ. We investigated Nogales, the Pena Blanco National Recreation Area, the California Gulch west of the ghost town, "Ruby" and the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge. This covered approximately 45 miles of the border area.

There were multiple Border Patrol checkpoints in and around Nogales and Sasabe, AZ. I made contact with Border Patrol agents on multiple occasions and received some Intel. I was told the smuggling areas became most active at night. Just before sunset, I finally got pulled over by the Border Patrol. They informed me that the route I was traveling on was a known smuggling route. This really wasn't much of a surprise. Portable towers with remote cameras are located in various places. Each time I approached the border, Border Patrol agents made contact with me. They were friendly. I determined that the area along the border fence is closely watched.

When we approached the Port of Entry at Sasabe, we were asked for "our papers" and then permitted to take photographs. The guards at the border asked us not to take their pictures for security reasons. In Nogales, the port of entry was much busier and the guards didnt' really notice us taking pictures. The area just beyond the gate is a shopping district.

On Saturday, July 10, I met up with a young man from California and conducted an evening and night patrol of the Sonoran Desert National Monument and the Vekol Valley which lies on the Pinal/Maricopa County line. During the last two weeks, nine illegal aliens in distress were rescued from this area. Three bodies were also recovered from the vicinity recently. It wasn't long before we discovered several water bottles and backpacks within sight of Interstate 8. Illegals drop their gear and put on clean clothes so they may blend in better once they make it to civilization.

We noticed the smell of rotting flesh along Smith Road just south of a donkey rescue ranch, so we dismounted and investigated. We discovered a dead horse lying next to more discarded backpacks. Somebody probably dumped it there. While just south of Interstate, a helicopter buzzed by and hovered for a while just west of our location. This doesn't normally happen. Eventually, he flew off.

Shortly before sun down, we departed Smith Road and drove to Vekol Road. It rained there the other day, so most of the old tracks were erased. We walked several loops through brush and washes. Just before dark, we walked up on a rattle snake and it took off for cover passing right in front of my feet.
We didn't find any illegal aliens on this patrol, but I did spend quite a bit of time teaching my comrade about how illegal aliens operate once they jump the border. Hopefully, he'll take this information and apply it in his home state while conducting his own patrols in the very near future.

*Regional Director`s note: ST. Hughes invited the individual from California to join him after a local Arizona group/organization cancelled their patrols. It is the strength, dedication, and loyalty of NSM members that allows us to lead the way in border operations. It is our years of experience and knowledge of the border, training, and commitment that makes the operations successful.

MSgt. Jeff Hall
NSM Region 11 Director





NSM88.ORG    National Socialist Movement, P.O. Box 13768 Detroit, MI. 48213 (651) 659-6307