National Socialist Movement - Arizona Border Patrol

Operation Hrani

- After Action Report -

August 29, 2012

From August 24 to 29, 2012, National Socialist Movement personnel conducted an anti drug and human smuggling patrol in the Vekol Valley and Sonoran Desert National Monument south of Interstate 8 in southern Arizona. I chose the name "Hrani" (Old Norse for "brutal") for this operation because of the 105 degree temperatures and unpredictable weather, including severe thunderstorms and flash flooding, this area experiences during the summer months. SS S. Sgt. Chris Drake, from N.S.M. Georgia, arranged to have a photographer come along to document our activities. We were lucky enough to have sunny and dry weather.

The better part of Saturday was spent gearing up and loading supplies. By late afternoon, we were in the Vekol Valley patrolling for suspicious activity. Recent monsoon rains did a lot of damage to the unmaintained primitive dirt roads. Our progress was slowed to 5-10 m.p.h. for much of the day. Periodically, we'd dismount to investigate washes, hillsides and thickly vegetated areas. One of the advantages of the recent rainfall was that old footprints and "sign" were erased, making it easier to identify fresh traffic.

While exploring a wash a few hundred meters west of Vekol Road near the White Hills, I discovered three unopened cans of tuna with current expiration dates. Somebody was there, but long gone now.    That is most often the case. Through out the afternoon and evening, we came across lots of discarded water jugs and articles of clothing.

Shortly after sun down, we made our way to Freeman exit along Interstate 8 and decided to establish a camp for the night. Unknown to us at the time, our site was already occupied by a tarantula. Fortunately, the large hairy arachnid was understanding and courteous. He decided to move on and let us have the spot. We spent Sunday morning climbing Lost Horse Peak and watching over the Vekol Valley. After several hours of not seeing anyone, we departed and headed east.

After taking a short refreshment break at the local truck stop, we made our way to Smith Road and the area just south of the Table Top Wilderness Area boundary. Upon investigating the area, having a long history of drug smuggling activity, we found some fresh burlap sacks and homemade straps that were used to transport bales of marijuana  across the desert from Mexico, 65 miles to the south. Smugglers used to simply toss the sacks about when they were no longer needed. Due  to increased patrols, the smugglers are forced to work harder at attempting to conceal their criminal enterprises by being more  careful to hide their trash.

The camp we established on Sunday night was along a wash   approximately 3 miles south of Interstate 8. I have spent quite a bit of time at this location in the past because of a high volume of    foot traffic. Placing our camp at that position effectively blocked that route. If anyone decided to pass that way, they would be forced  to make a detour over rocks and rugged trails. We are not always able to stop the flow of illegal aliens and drugs, but we can slow   it down and make them work much harder.

Monday morning was upon us and I cooked up a pound of bacon before   breaking camp to proceed to the next area. We tend to eat light on patrol, but a cooked meal is something I make at least once a day.    We moved east along a power line that is well known for smuggling. Lots of activity occurs between Interstate 8 and the Tohono O'odham   Indian Reservation. "Tohono O'odham" means "Desert People." Previously known as the Papago, they have largely rejected this name   (meaning literally "tepary-bean eater"). Unfortunately, many tribal members are complicit in the drug and human smuggling trade.

We continued to check washes and suspected spotter hills. Being the   hot and rainy season, smuggling is slower and less frequent. We did not come across any fresh tracks or people. We were a little concerned about a large build up of clouds to the southeast, by the time we were thinking of setting up camp. Luckily, the storm stayed   to our south and we remained dry. I cooked up a pot of beans for the evening meal and after engaging in some survival skills, such as constructing an improvised shelter, we turned in for the night.

Tuesday morning arrived and we were up at the crack of dawn. Following a breakfast of beef jerky, we patrolled the perimeter of our campsite, which was an old cattle watering station and corral. Hidden under some brush, along with some other U.D.A. trash were a couple of bags containing a quantity of marijuana. It appeared to be rather fresh. Once secured at our camp, we called for law  enforcement assistance.

Once the Pinal County Sheriff's Office was notified, all we had to   do was wait for their arrival. I expanded my search perimeter once more to insure there was no other hidden contraband. Having the   luxury of G.P.S. coordinates, the deputies were at our location in short order. The deputies took custody of the marijuana and were on their way to their next call.

We broke camp and made our way north along Smith Road, inspecting    possible lay up areas. We decided to check some areas along irrigation canals and the Hidden Valley area, which is only a few  miles from my home. We didn't manage to catch up with anyone, however, we did see a helicopter patrolling mountain ridges. Apparently, we weren't the only ones looking for bad guys.

Afternoon approached and it was time to conclude this patrol and    depart for home. In conclusion, we did manage to prevent illegal drugs from reaching our nation's streets and denied smugglers access  to the public lands we occupied.

SS S.Sgt. Harry L. Hughes III
Director, N.S.M. Region 11/N.S.M.-AZ Media Spokesman
N.S.M.-MEDIA Associate Producer




NSM88.ORG    National Socialist Movement, P.O. Box 13768 Detroit, MI. 48213 (651) 659-6307